Discarded electrical or electronic devices come under e-waste. Electronic scrap components, such as CPUs, contain potentially harmful components such as lead, cadmium, beryllium. Every care should be taken while recycling such materials.
Hence every year e-waste is listed from computer department, collected and kept in a separate room allotted for it. E-waste of 1950 Kgs comprising desktops, mouse’s, CPU’s, Key Boards etc., were disposed off through an agency nominated by Andhra Pradesh Technology Services (APTS), a public Sector undertaking for recycling purpose.
- Every first Saturday is being observed as vehicle free day in the campus to create awareness among the students& staff to preserve oil & gas reserves and also to minimize air pollution.
- Department of chemistry observed an oil conservation fortnight in collaboration with Hindustan petroleum from 15 Dec 2012 to 31 -Dec 2012.
- Campus lighting is done with solar panels w.e.f the year 2010-11. Physics Laboratories and Principal’s office use solar power thereby saving the power consumption.
- Power utilization is minimized by using N-Computing systems in which more number of users can be run with one CPU simultaneously.
- All computer monitors have been converted in a phased manner to LCD monitors with less emissions and power consumption
- To reduce the power consumption the campus utilizes LED bulbs.
EARN While LEARN
- The program was started with a specific goal to make students self –reliant and to involve students in short term internships.
- The program attempts towards making the students understand the value of time and money.
- This is a path layer for identifying talent and channelize suitably into employable skills
- Students with skills in library maintenance, household electrical repairs, and audio visual equipment installation are fine tuned to develop the skills into a career.
- Their skills and services are utilized in maintenance of all these wings and are paid for their work.
Extended Facilities to Differently abled Students
- A Unique progarame which aims at addressing the problems of the differently abled students and ensuring better learning environment particularly visually challenged.
- It helps overcome physical disability and instills confidence and spirit of equality among the differently abled.
- The visually challenged students are provided are provided Jaws and Kurzwel software to facilitate easy learning
- Scribes areappointed at the time of exams to help the visually challenged students
- Braille day is observed to sensitize students on the needs of differently abled students.
- Competitions in literary, cultural and sports are conducted exclusively for the differently abled students to inculcate a spirit of equality and competition.
- Financial aid from philanthropists and voluntary organizations is raised and given to such students.
- Scholarships and equipment from the social welfare department is initiated.