The Central library of our college was established in the year 1884. The college library is located at main campus in Heritage Building, constructed 150 years back and is accessible to students of all classes and members of teaching and non-teaching staff. It is two storied building, but the stack area is kept on ground floor which caters to the needs of all sections of the students, faculty and also to the elite of Kakinada in and around. A big furnished ventilated separate Reading Room is located at the Eastern side of the Central Library and well-furnished separate Reference Section located in main building.
The Mission of the library is to support college in building top ranked, research driven institution by establishment a knowledge hub. The library enables to access various resources, besides providing, innovative responsive and effective service to meet the changing needs of the academic community.
- To be among the best in the nation.
- To support the college in becoming number one educational Institution.
- To provide effective access to print and electronic learning resources.
- To keep the academic community abreast of the latest developments in their area of interest.
- To ensure the highest level of user satisfaction.
- To function as a temple of learning for all students, staff and elite of the town.
- To act as reservoir of knowledge in acquiring and storing information.
- To update the knowledge in various fields of study and disseminate the same to the users.
- To provide innovative, responsive and effective service which will meet the changing needs of the academic community.
- To provide range of books, periodical, e-resources and other media in keeping with the institution’s needs.
- To establish number one resources and facilities to suit academic as well as research needs present and future.
- To develop the 150-year-old P.R.Govt.College Central Library to a full-fledged State of the art automated Library.
- To see that library is fully utilized by the staff and students by making it user-friendly.
- Our dream is to see our library newly constructed full-fledged building.