BRIEF HISTORY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
- As the government decide to introduce Restructured courses in degree colleges, the computer science department was established in 1998 with the introduction of the course B.Sc (M. P. Computer science)
- Originally it was a wing of physics department but in 2001 the computer science department was shifted to new centenary block.
- With the grant of government fund, 47 computer systems were produced and laboratory was established.
- In course of times B.Com (C.A) and MSc (computer science) courses were also introduced.
- After the separation from physics department, the computer science department grew leaps and bounds.
- The Laboratories were Provided with tiled flooring, false roofing, and glass partitioning.
- The B.Sc lab and B.com lab were air – conditioned. The PG (M.Sc) lab is provided with electrical connections and centralized networking.
- Data communications lab is established and internet facility is provided.
- This department has a library with 300 books useful to the students and important IT journals are provided a reading room is also available to the students for reference purposes.
- Now the department has three well-developed laboratories, a seminar hall to be developed soon.
The students are being given.
1. Very good teaching and lab facilities.
2. Regular slip tests and seminars are being conducted.
3. Students are continuously assessed by group discussions.
4. Discussions and Quiz programs are also conducted.
5. Regarding academic results, the students of B.Sc (CS), B.Com (CA) and B.Com (CS) were able to achieve very good results under able guidance of the faculty. Some of them are admitted in various PG Courses and other got Employment opportunities.
6. Certificate courses were conducted to the students.