Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Year of Establishment :
Mathematics - 1884
Statistics - 2008
Actuarial Science - 2013.
No. of UG Courses with Mathematics Combination – 09
U. G. Courses:
Conventional Courses :
- MPC(TM) (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry),
- MPC(EM) (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry),
- MPE(Mathematics, Physics, Electronics).
Restructured Courses :
- MCPc(Mathematics, Chemistry, Petro Chemicals),
- MCCs (Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science),
- MPCs(Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science),
- MECs(Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Science),
- MSCs(Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)
- MSAs (Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science).
P. G. Courses:
- M. Sc Mathematics was introduced in the academic year 2014-15.
- Data Analytics
- SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences)
Facilities available in the department:
- Books in the Departmental Library
- Books for P.G.students : 31
- Donated by Sri Vasudevarao,
- alumni and retired principal : 50
- Data Analytics Books : 25
- Complementary copies and personal books : 100
- Computers in the labs
- 6 x 5 n-computing systems are in Statistics lab
- 5 x 2 n-computing systems and 10 systems in Data Analytics lab.
- Lap Tops :02
- Printer :01
- LCD Projectors : 02